The attention of exhibitors is drawn to the fact that entries
are accepted subject to the Rules of the Queensland Chamber of
Agricultural Societies and to the Constitution and Rules of this
Society in addition to any Special Regulations which might appear
within this schedule.
GENERAL RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Only competitors or exhibitors can lodge protests.
2. Competitors shall at all times behave in a proper and courteous
manner to Judges, officials and other competitors. Should a competitor
behave in an offensive or improper manner, the Chief Steward of
that section shall have the right to exclude and disqualify that
competitor from competing in the section.
3. Competitors compete at own risk.
4. All care taken but no responsibility will be accepted by the
Society for damage of any exhibit including broken glass.
5. The Committee reserves the right to alter or delete any part
of the program.
6. The prizes will be awarded subject to the appended General
Regulations and Conditions and Notes as set forth in the Prize
Schedule and are to be the conditions of competition.
7. Exhibits entered in the wrong class by the exhibitor may be
transferred to the proper class by the Stewards.
8. An exhibitor or his/her agent, who shall make a false report,
or give misleading information or suppress necessary information
in respect of any exhibit, shall be held to have forfeited any
prizes gained by those means. The exhibit and exhibitor, together
with agent (if any) may be disqualified and the matter reported
to the Queensland Chamber of Agricultural Societies.
9. The Society will not be responsible for any accident caused
through or by any exhibit, and will not under any circumstances
hold itself responsible for any loss or mis-delivery of livestock
or other exhibits of any kind, or any damage done thereto.
10. All exhibits must be delivered to and removed from the grounds
at the cost and risk of the exhibitor.
11. The Judges may recommend Certificates for any exhibit not
included in this Schedule and will not award prizes in classes
in which the exhibits are not considered to possess sufficient
12. All other matters shall be subject to the rules of the Society.
13. No decoration or Award Cards, except such as are provided
by the committee, shall be placed on any exhibit or affixed thereto
at the Exhibition then being held.
14. For Champion Prizes, all first winners of the breed and sex
to compete. After selection of the Champion, the Judge will be
required to select an animal for “Reserve Champion”,
which shall take the place of the Champion in the event of the
latter being disqualified for any cause. The Reserve Champion
will be selected from the remaining first prize animals together
with the second prize winner of the class which furnished the
15. Order of events in the Schedule shall be at the discretion
of the Committee.
16. Space Hirers are to ensure that ALL power leads and electrical
lay a current tag indicating that each lead has been tested and
approved by an authorised person in accordance with the requirements
of the Workplace Health & Safety Act.
DUTIES OF EXHIBITORS & STEWARDS:
1. Exhibitors must complete nomination form, with a description
of the exhibits, and the number of the class they wish to compete
in. Please write clearly.
2. Exhibits must not be removed without the permission of the
1. Chief Stewards’ names will appear in the Show Schedule.
2. Stewards must be in attendance at the Showgrounds at the hour
approved to receive exhibits.
3. Stewards are responsible for the proper classification of exhibits
and all exhibits must be ready for judging.
4. Any exhibit suffering from any infectious or contagious disease
shall be immediately reported to the Secretary, who shall order
5. Stewards shall remove exhibitors and other persons from the
vicinity of the judging while judging takes place.
6. Stewards shall attend on the Judges to afford any information
required but will not do or say anything to influence their decision.
They must not reveal the name of any exhibitor or repeat the remarks
the Judges may make to each other.
7. The Stewards will obtain the Announcer Sheet from the Judges
when completed and deliver to the Secretary.
NOTICE TO PAVILION ENTRANTS
It is important that the entries be sent in as early as possible
to enable the Committee to provide the necessary display space.
All Pavilion Entries may be collected from 4pm on the afternoon
of the Show. Please contact Section Steward. All Pavilion Prize
money shall be payable at their respective pavilions after the
Grand Parade. All prizes not collected within three (3) months
after the Show will be deemed to be donated back to the Society.
PLEASE NOTE: ENTRY TO THE RINGS IS RESTRICTED TO SHOW
OFFICIALS AND COMPETITORS, AND NO UNAUTHORISED PERSONS WILL BE
PERMITTED IN RING.